NEW: TCP RE-QUALIFICATION COURSE (1-DAY):
Before you register for the 1-day TCP Re-qualification course you MUST obtain a valid 5-digit Authorization Code.
To obtain your Authorization Code, please TEXT your 7-digit SN # (student number) to 604-229-5984 If you do not know SN # (student number), contact BCCSA at 604-636-3675 or 1-877-860-3675.
- You are eligible to re-qualify 6 months (180 days) prior to expiry
- You have 12 months after expiry to complete a re-qualification course, however you cannot work as a TCP while your certificate is expired
- You have a valid Authorization Code
TCPs whose three year record of completion is about to expire must successfully re-qualify.
The new 1-day re-qualification started on January 1st, 2019.
Re-qualification AUTHORIZATION CODE INSTRUCTIONS
Start a new message in your phone’s text messaging app, then:
- Enter the phone # 604-229-5984 (DO NOT PLACE A 1 IN FRONT OF 604)
- Enter you 7 digit SN#, only the 7 digits. (DO NOT PLACE ANY LETTERS IN THE MESSAGE FIELD).
- Your code will be sent to you within 10 seconds.
- If you have not received your 5 digit code in 10 seconds, re-read steps 1-2 and try again.
- If you are still having issues, call the BCCSA at 604-636-3675 for assistance.
How long is my re-qualification certification good for?
- Your re-qualification certification is good for 3 years.
Do I have to take a 1 day course once my card expires?
- Yes, starting Jan. 1, 2019, the new 1 day re-qualification course is implemented, all TCPs wishing to renew their TCP card will be required to take the one day re-qualification course.
Will there still be an exam?
- Yes, there will be an exam within the course.
Is there an alternative to the 1 day course?
- All TCPs in the province of BC will be required to take the 1 day re-qualification course in order to renew their TCP certificate. The decision was finalized in 2016.
- The option to take the 2 day training course instead of the 1 day refresher will also be available.