Wildlife Awareness Course Overview
Duration: 2 hours.
One of the biggest dangers that people face in outdoor situations is being unprepared. This course will provide you information that will assist you to handle many situations that you could encounter with regards to interaction with Wildlife.
Some of the topics covered include:
- The Importance and Benefits of Wildlife
- Bear Ecology
- The Physical Characteristics of Black & Grizzly Bears
- Wildlife Management (Hazard Control)
- Behavioral Tendencies/Dominance Hierarchies
- How to Identify Different Bear Tracks
- Indications of Bears in the Working Area
- Bear Management
- Bear Spray and Safe Handling Procedures
- Bear Encounters
- Other Wildlife Basics (Coyotes, Wolves, Moose, etc.)
NEED THE GUIDE? CLICK HERE
1. Depending on your operating system, you can either attach the saved file in an email or attach the PDF to an email under “File” click on “Attach to Email.”
2. Send your completed exam to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. You can enter any further information you would like in the body of the email. Then when you have completed the email, click on “SEND.”
(Alternatively, you can print the exam, complete the test and mail it to our Training Department at: #120 – 19092 26th Avenue, Surrey BC, V3Z 3V7.)
Once the completed exam is received by the Training Department, the exam will be marked. Successful participants will be mailed their certification. Individuals who do not successfully complete their exam will be notified by the Training Department Administration.
*Please allow up to fourteen (14) days for exams to be processed.
Do you have question? Call our Training Plus office at 604-538-5101.