WE HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH CONTRACTORS
FOR OVER 80 YEARS
Local 1611’s signatory employers are industry leaders, responsible for the construction of some of the largest projects in British Columbia. Our Union is proud to work hand-in-hand with our contractors to ensure safe and professional work environments for our members and their employees. We work with our contractors, in conjunction with our Training Society, to provide our members with the necessary courses and education to keep their skills up-to-date and ensure they are able to perform their tasks efficiently, effectively and without injury.
Our roster of skilled workers provides our signatory employers the benefits of obtaining qualified employees without the turn-over and inefficiency that can be experienced in a non-Union work environment. This enhances the morale and productivity of the workforce, resulting in high-value construction which increases profitability.
Contractors partner with LIUNA because of the value LIUNA members provide. Here are just a few of the ways LIUNA makes your job easier by providing;
- The best trained, highest skilled, hardest working people in the industry.
- Training that meets or exceeds regulatory standards. We offer more than 20 courses to our members at no charge.
- Assistance making work safer, reducing accident rates, controlling workers’ compensation costs, and saving lives.
- Ability to help firms meet hiring requirements to comply with city ordinances, community benefits agreements, and project labor agreements.
- A voice on issues of importance to the entire construction industry – including; lobbying for infrastructure investment throughout our Province, ensuring work is awarded to Canadian contractors and that our local contractors are provided a fair opportunity in the bidding process.
- A commitment to diversity and community unparalleled in the industry.
Our contractors work with our membership to provide careers! Become an industry leader!