Participants will understand the importance of fall protection, related health and safety regulations and refusal of unsafe work.
Ability to speak and understand English.
- WorkSafeBC Fall Protection Regulations
- Principles of Fall Protection
- Compare and contrast fall arrest and fall restraint
- Identify types of fall restraint and their components
- Identify components of fall arrest
- Demonstrate inspection and maintenance of fall arrest equipment
- Demonstrate how to put on fall arrest equipment
- Calculate fall distance
- Describe written work procedures
LENGTH OF COURSE
8 hours (1 day).