Participants will be provided with the basic knowledge and skills to perform atmospheric testing and to use and understand gas monitors.
Confined Space Entry training and the ability to communicate clearly using 2-way radios.
- Review confined space entry principles and procedures
- Describe the methods used to create a safe atmosphere
- Indicate why we must test the atmosphere
- Inspect, bump test and check the accuracy of electronic gas monitors
- Demonstrate how to test the atmosphere using gas detector tubes
- Demonstrate how to test the atmosphere using electronic gas monitors
- Distinguish various gas monitor readings
- Generate informed decisions based on various simulated scenarios
LENGTH OF COURSE
5 hours (1 day).